My photography took a big leap in 2009. There was lots of learning and I saw definite steps forward in my technique and results.
Things got off to an early start in January when I decided to sign up for Harry Nowell‘s sports photography course, which included photographing an Ottawa 67′s hockey game. I liked Harry’s class so much that I decided to sign up for his pro program, for some assistance and insight in getting myself established as a working photographer. Harry is a great teacher and his mentoring has been very beneficial.
2009 was definitely a big year of firsts in my young photographic career:
- photographing a semi-pro hockey game
- photographing the Canadian Whitewater Slalom National team trials
- photographing a cycling race
- getting started with off camera lighting
- working with models
- photographing auto racing
- photographing a signed touring band – Die Mannequin
- I started my first blog
I’m excited to see where 2010 takes me!